Tuesday 1 May 2012

How to make a cool Twitter profile

Nowadays Twitter is part of your identity. So making a cool profile is a basic move to increase your online `image`.
So how should create it? What are the main components of making an awesome Twitter profile?
Today I'll show them! :)


Ok let's start!


First thing: the background!
The background tells a lot about you, so choose it wisely. There is nothing wrong with the default Twitter backgrounds, but they are not unique. They don't tell anything about you or about what you do. So don't be afraid of uploading a unique pic of yours.

It is not that unique but it tells a lot about me: ex. that I love the internet and I work online.
So come on, be creative and choose a great profile background.


Step 2: Write an awesome bio!

I tell what I do, where I work and just a random sentence related to my life. If you include the things I do, people will find and follow you easier.
So why not write or rewrite your bio. Include:
  • What you do
  • What you love
  • Where do you work
Some good examples:

Founder of Squidoo.com, author, blogger. This is a retweet of my blog. ~ Seth Godin
A young lady who is a lover of beta sites, web design/development, wicked fonts, and robots. ~ Thalida
An Aussie married to @CatHaydon. I help people with website design, SEO (search engine optimization) & social media marketing ~ Mike Haydon
Got it? If not, try to find more great Twitter bios and get inspiration.


Choose a nice avatar!
This is very important: Your avatar must show you! Not Mickey Mouse or Oprah, you! Look at mine below!




OK, there is one more!
Now that you've got a nice background, bio and avatar, you can concentrate on styling your profile (link color, text color etc...). You can do it by going to: Settings -> Design -> "Customize your own".

I haven't changed it, because I think it looks OK with my background and avatar. But if you have: ex. a red background, then try to choose the link color to be red or orange.


Well, that's it! Hope you enjoyed this simple tutorial! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment